The Veolia Group in brief
Around the globe, Veolia helps cities and industries to manage, optimize and make the most of their resources. The company provides an array of solutions related to water, energy and materials – with a focus on waste recovery – to promote the transition toward a circular economy.
Veolia's 163,000 employees are tasked with contributing directly to the sustainability performance of customers in the public and private sectors, allowing them to pursue development while protecting the environment.
To this end, the company designs and deploys specialist solutions to provide, protect and replenish resources while increasing their efficiency from an environmental, economic and social standpoint. Such initiatives are all part of Veolia's ongoing campaign to resource the world.
3 core businesses: Water, Waste Management & Energy Services
€24.39 billion in revenue
around the world
SEVEN GROWTH MARKETS
Veolia has identified seven key growth markets, representing sectors with significant potential to generate revenue, in which resource strain drives growing demand for narrowly specialized expertise. These sectors are opening up new opportunities for environmental services in which Veolia already provides benchmark solutions:
- The circular economy, to tackle the problem of dwindling raw materials, water and energy resources;
- Innovative solutions to improve life in cities and related services;
- Treating difficult pollutions, such as toxic waste, treatment sludge and contaminated wastewater;
- Dismantling for oil rigs, ships, aircraft and nuclear plants;
- The food & beverage and pharmaceutical industry, ensuring compliance with stringent standards on health, safety and quality;
- Mining & metal and power industries, which requires extensive resources;
- The oil & gas and chemical industry, governed by increasingly demanding environmental standards.