Project development support in selected Micro Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) clusters for creating demand for energy efficiency investments
SIDBI along with BEE is implementing the World Bank GEF funded project for promoting energy efficiency in some selected Micro Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSME) clusters in India. SIDBI engaged DESL to provide services to MSME industries in the Faridabad (mixed engineering) and Tirunelveli (lime kiln) clusters. As an offshoot of this assignment, SIDBI further engaged DESL in two additional clusters - NCR and Ludhiana.OUR SERVICES:
- Preparation of a detailed profile for the clusters, including unit-wise detailing, production capacities, raw materials used, fuel types, energy consumption trends, etc;
- • Technologies in use and assessment of technology gaps;
- Assessment of opportunities for energy efficiency enhancement;
- Profiling of current market scenarios for products, strengths, and major challenges in the cluster.
Diagnostic studies for energy
- Walk-through assessment in MSME units and quick assessment of energy conservation potential;
- Detailed energy audits;
- Analyses of resource consumption and cost trends, specific energy consumption;
- Preparation of investment grade detailed project reports;
- Financial analyses of the required investments.
- Assistance to the MSME units in implementing recommended EE measures;
- Evaluation of technical offers, selection of vendors, preparation of the implementation plan;
- Facilitation in arranging loans from local banks/ Financial Institutions;
- Preparation of the implementation plan, supervising of erection and commissioning activities, preparation of the Standard Operation Procedures, etc.
“ SIDBI contracted Seureca’s services for MSME clusters in Faridabad and Tirunelveli, then extended them for NCR and Ludhiana. ”